Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Shower of Babies!

What a beautiful celebration it was! My friend Amy threw me the cutest baby shower with my closest friends and family there.  

I couldn't arrive at my own baby shower without a big prego belly so I stuffed a pillow up my shirt and waddled in. It was so much fun making an entrance! 


We played games, ate too much cake and punch, and opened sweet gifts. We had such a blast goofing off and laughing! There was a diaper cake and transracial cupcakes! Too cute!






At the beginning of the party each guest had to guess if we would be getting a boy or a girl by wearing a necklace for a girl or a tie for a boy. It was too funny to see everyone wearing a tie that knew we had been matched with Zain! I wore both a tie and a necklace, so I would at least be 50% right. 



















Even though the party was wonderful my mind was about 4 hours up north with K. I kept wondering how she was doing and what she must be feeling. I had even told the girls at the shower that we weren't planning on going to the hospital anymore because she hadn't contacted us. They cried with us and prayed for God's glory. And then it happened.






I was checking my phone as we were packing everything up and heading out the door and she left a message asking us to come on up to the hospital. I broke down in tears and everyone came running. I got to share the good news with all of my closest girl friends that we were headed up to meet with K that afternoon and she still wanted us to be there! If God had waited 5 more minutes to orchestrate that I wouldn't have gotten to share that with them. It was a wonderful ending to a wonderful party!







No comments:

Post a Comment